Friday, September 25, 2015

Beats by Broadway Episode 1: "Why I Love Broadway"

I have an exciting announcement! My twin sister (known on Twitter as #TwitterlessTwin) and I recently started a weekly Broadway radio program which airs in Statesboro, GA. It does not stream online, but luckily for my adoring fans (hey, Mom!), I will be recording it weekly and posting it right here on Singular Sensation for the world to listen to.

Last week, we premiered the show with a variety of songs that have made us feel something strong either when we saw them performed live, or even when we heard them for the first time.

So below, click the picture to check out our first episode, called "Why I Love Broadway"!

Song list:

  1. "One Day More" from Les Miserables (Original Broadway Cast)
  2. "Sit Down You’re Rockin’ the Boat" from Guys and Dolls (1992 Broadway Revival)
  3. "Into the Fire" from The Scarlet Pimpernel (Original Broadway Cast)
  4. "You Don’t Know/I am the One"from Next to Normal (Original Broadway Cast)
  5. "Wheels of a Dream" from Ragtime (Original Broadway Cast)
  6. "What You Own" from Rent (Original Broadway Cast)
  7. "Always True in My Fashion" from Kiss Me Kate (2004 Broadway Revival)
  8. "96,000" from In the Heights (Original Broadway Cast)
  9. "Defying Gravity" from Wicked (Original Broadway Cast)




 "Why I Love Broadway"


What songs do you want to hear us play next week? Let us know in the comments below!

Sally Henry www.BroadwayWorld.com/author/Sally-Henry // Twitter: @BwayGinger // Facebook: www.facebook.com/singularsensationbway

1 comment:

  1. I’m a little disappointed by your abject bashing of “The Scarlet Pimpernel”. And by the way you’re welcome for that show being a fixture in our family – I went and saw it at the Fox, loved it and got the soundtrack. The drawing room transformation into the ship during “Into the Fire” was well worth the price of admission and still one of the coolest things I’ve seen on stage. Classic novel and great music – I’m not sure what else you theater snobs want!!

    Anyway, here are some thoughts on what was lacking in this fairly decent trial run (other than call-in guests of course!):

    Where’s the T-Dog? (see what I did there?)
    Not sure how you had a “why we love Broadway” show with no Rodgers and Hammerstein, Lerner and Loewe or Andrew Lloyd Webber??
    Mamma Mia is an interesting show since it’s a story written by weaving together songs from a pop group.
    Seven Brides for Seven Brothers has the intrigue of a movie musical later made in to a Broadway show.

    And finally as the Diva would say “Whatever happened to my show??”

    Thanks for posting so we all can hear it!

    ReplyDelete