Monday, October 27, 2014

Broadway's 3 Most Entertaining Tweeters

I might be slightly addicted to social media. I'm all about that Facebook-stalking life, and I spend what I would call a reasonable amount of time daily on Twitter.

But confession: I think I follow a total of 10 of my actual friends on Twitter. Other than that, I really just use it to keep up with Broadway-related people and news. While I follow mostly theatre personalities under the pretense that it's for work, a lot of them I follow just because they are ridiculously entertaining! Not gonna lie, there was a point in my life when I lived for Jennifer Damiano's tweets every week. If you love Broadway, you have to check out my favorite Broadway Twitter users!



Broadway's 3 Most Entertaining Tweeters

Honorable mentions- A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder
This obviously isn't a person, but I love that not only do the Twitter managers answer everyone who tweets to them, but they do it in character! They also make little graphics related to each show that opens or closes on Broadway, which is cute of course, but I'll sideline and point out what a good marketing ploy that is.
My fav recent Tweet:

3. Jennifer Damiano
My fav role of hers: Natalie in Next to Normal
My fav recent Tweet:
2. Lin-Manuel Miranda
(I only just started following him, but he's hilarious! Tip: the best people to follow are probably going to be writers)
My fav recent Tweet:
1. Laura Benanti
My fav role of hers: the Baroness in The Sound of Music Live!
My fav recent Tweet:
Who are your favorite Broadway tweeters?

Also on Singular Sensation...
Review: "GSU's ALMOST MAINE- That Time Absurdity and Hooligans Didn't Ruin a Show"  
CABARET Never Gets Old... But Alan Cumming Does (AKA: the reason a Tony Award-winner called me out on Twitter)

Sally Henry www.BroadwayWorld.com/author/Sally-Henry // Twitter: www.twitter.com/bwayginger // Facebook: www.facebook.com/singularsensationbway

Photo credit: Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment