Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Favorites from the Day: Big Fish, Glee, and More!

Today was another one of those awesome days when I had found a lot of fun stuff to post, so for the first couple hours I was basically just posting videos, or as we call them at BroadwayWorld, "StageTube" features. And usually when I love what I'm posting, so do the people at BWW.com, so two of my articles made it onto the BWW Facebook and Twitter! (Yes, I'm really excited about this)

So the videos I found were an interview with Big Fish stars Norbert Leo Butz and Kate Baldwin, Young Hollywood interviews with some of the newer Glee cast members, Becca Tobin and Jacob Artist, and even a couple behind-the-scenes recording studio videos/interviews with the cast from the Off-Broadway production of The Last Five Years. Take a look at all of it below...

STAGE TUBE: Norbert Leo Butz, Kate Baldwin, & Susan Stroman Talk BIG FISH Rehearsals
As I have mentioned before on Singular Sensation, Norbert Leo Butz is one of my favorites. And this is a little random, but as much as I loved him in Catch Me if You Can, it's great to see him clean-shaven without the molestache and looking more like himself. But looks aside, check out this interview where Butz, Baldwin, and the director/choreographer of Big Fish talk about the heart of the show and where they are in rehearsals right now. (this one got on the Facebook page and Twitter)



"Stars of Second Stage Theatre's The Last Five Years, Betsy Wolfe and Adam Kantor, recently recorded the cast album for their production and then sat down to talk about it. Watch Kantor perform "Shiksa Goddess," then Wolfe joins him in a portion of "Goodbye Until Tomorrow/I Could Never Rescue You" with composer Jason Robert Brown accompanying them on the piano"(BWW.com) (This one also got onto the BroadwayWorld Twitter)


Becca Tobin, who is basically the new Dianna Agron of Glee, talked to Young Hollywood about her career. Observe how she's sitting: she's clearly a dancer. This girl has some great stuff to share about being on the show, which is her TV debut! She's also been on Broadway, of course.



Another Glee newbie, you could say Jacob Artist is the new Puck of Glee. I mean, no one can beat the adorable Mark Salling, but this kid does play his younger brother. Watch this interview where he talks about the Glee family, which characters he likes best, what songs he wants to record, and more!


Favorites from the Day articles are ones that I personally edit/write on BroadwayWorld.com

No comments:

Post a Comment