Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Favorites From the Day: MEMPHIS and Young Hoofers!

I cranked out a lot of articles today, so it felt really long. I can barely remember what I've written the last 4 hours, except for these exceptional standouts! Click on the titles to read the full articles.

STAGE TUBE: MEMPHIS Comes to Walton Arts Center
"Starring Bryan Fenkart and Felicia Boswell, the Memphis the Musical tour makes its way across the country and opens at the Walton Arts Center in Fayetteville tonight, February 5. In honor of this, the Memphis team put together a promo for their performance, with an introduction by cast member Bree Branker"(directly from my BWW.com article).

I love Memphis! I've posted other things about the show, or at least about the star, Bryan Fenkart (I really love him). I have seen it twice: once on Broadway when Fenkart was in for Chad Kimball as Huey, and the second time was when the tour came to my town. It's just a solid show. You should really go see it! And if you can make it to the stage door, Felicia and Bryan are worth meeting. They're very sweet. Click below to watch the promo!!

'Rockin' in Rhythm' Youth Tap Showcase Comes to Symphony Space, 2/16
"The American Tap Dance Foundation (ATDF) presents "Rockin' in Rhythm" on Saturday, February 16th, at 7:30 pm at the Peter Norton Symphony Space. Tony Waag, Artistic/Executive Director, announced that the Jazz at Lincoln Center's Middle School Jazz Academy will be joining the Concert"(BWW.com). I'm particularly partial to this one, because I LOVE tap dancing! I especially love to see people trying to get rhythm tapping out there, because it is extremely underrated. Although, I'd be happier if they were bringing it further South or West.

No comments:

Post a Comment