Thursday, November 1, 2012

BDJ to Appear in Smash Season 2 Premiere!

Ok, I'm just gonna go ahead and say it. I'm a huge Brian d'Arcy James fan (or BDJ as the cool kids, or maybe just the creepy fans, call him). I think he's extremely talented, and he just so happens to constantly land the role of the ridiculously sweet and loyal husband/boyfriend, which just tears me to pieces. So I've got some good news and some bad news. I'll go with the bad news first:

I was pretty sad to hear that he is very quickly getting phased out of Smash. Why would they boot off the best character?? :) I was a little cheered up today when I read on BroadwayWorld.com that BDJ will be in the Smash Season 2 premiere. He cryptically told Newsday"Let's just say Frank has a chance to respond to some of the things that occurred last season." Knowing that he's not going to be in much of this season, I'm going to assume that he's going to get re-upset at his wife for being an IDIOT and cheating on him. And then he'll leave for good. That's my insightful prediction! But really, who would cheat on BDJ? Oh, and then make out with that same guy after BDJ has already forgiven you? She's just a fool.

But here's better news! He's going to be in a new musical called Giant, a limited-run Off-Broadway musical at The Public Theater with music and lyrics by Michael John LaChiusa. Starring opposite him are Kate Baldwin, Bobby Steggert, and Michele Pawk. Read more about this show on BroadwayWorld.com.

To those not familiar with the genius that is Brian d'Arcy James, I'll not waste words, but just let you listen to his awesome voice. (oh, and there's a bonus in there: Kyle Dean Massey, whom I also love!) This is a great performance, and his one from Titanic is awesome too, but I'll post that another day.


No comments:

Post a Comment